The IVO promotes the international cooperation in the field of orthopaedic shoe technique.
The IVO has, among others, the following tasks:
- Organization of international trade conferences, specialized exhibitions and competitions.
- Promotion of borderless professional contacts.
- Common efforts towards a close cooperation with orthopaedic doctors, paramedical associations as well as with national and international institutions for the prevention and rehabilitation in the field of the orthopaedics.
- Common efforts towards an adjustment in the training and examination systems and for a standardization of the profession.
- Exchange of experience in the field
- Promotion of exchange of employees.
- Measures for the overcoming of the language barriers.
- Communication with professional associations throughout the world.
- Support of the third world in all questions related to orthopaedic welfare and aid, and in particular the training and continuing education of a suitable professional new generation.
- IVO is the coalition of national and foreign organizations and associations for orthopaedic shoe technique.
- IVO seeks to promote international cooperation as well as borderless professional communication.
- IVO organizes international trade conferences and exhibitions in this area.
- Establishment of valid international guidelines for the execution and assessment of exhibitions and competitions.
- Promotion of a universal technical terminology.
- Common efforts for a close cooperation with the medical society, the associations for paramedical professions, as well as with the national and international institutions for prevention and rehabilitation in the orthopaedics field.
- Common efforts for the harmonization of education and examination system and for the standardization of the job profile.
- Exchange of experience in the technical field by providing field specialists, technical literature and demonstration material (workpieces, educational films, slides, computer, technology, etc).
- Exchange of statistics on economy, business and social policy related investigations and experiments, as well as information for advertisement and public relations.
- Promotion of employees’ exchange.
- Measures for overcoming language barriers through cooperation of field magazines and provision of translators.
- Establishing contacts for professional unification around the world, as long as they are related to the orthopaedic care.
- Supporting the third world in all questions related to the orthopaedic welfare and aid, in particular the training and continuing education of a suitable professional new generation.
- A congress takes place every three years.